- 16-Apr-2012 to 03-May-2012 (EST)
- Mortgage Lending
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health, dental, vision, long term disability, short term disability, life insurance, supplemental insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), defined benefit pension plan, tuition reimbursement, and much, much more!
Option 1 Credit Union is currently seeking an experienced, fast-paced, detailed, and organized Mortgage Processor to join our Mortgage team. Candidates MUST have at least 2 years of experience assisting with originations, underwriting, closings, payoffs, document preparation, sale and disbursements. This position will process FHA, conventional and construction mortgage applications. The best candidate must be able to assist members with mortgage questions, challenges and requests compliant with lending regulations/policies in a friendly, accurate and timely manner. We are looking for someone who is passionate about serving members and is willing to go the extra mile for our members. Other key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Processes mortgage applications and mortgage payoffs following credit union and secondary market guidelines. Initiates payroll transfers, orders payment books, and records documents etc.
• Proven sales experience.
• Under the direction of the mortgage officer, submits loan requests for approval, clears underwriting conditions, coordinates mortgage closings, prepares loan documents and disburses funds.
• Prepares and submits loans for sale to secondary market including funding, sale and all follow-up activities.
• Generates mortgage applications and informs members of current mortgage interest rates, payment calculations, payoffs, costs and lending services offered by the credit union via phone, mail and e-mail.
• Processes and prepares documents related to Home Equity Loans and Lines of Credit.
• Reviews mortgage files to ensure completion, accuracy and compliance.
• Strong PC, typing, Microsoft Office and organizational skills required.
• Continuously and effectively sells and cross-sells all products and/or services, answers member inquiries, educates members, resolves disputes, and performs a wide variety of other lending transactions.
• Pleasant, flexible and courteous interpersonal skills conducive to building relationships with members.
• Excellent listening, verbal, and professional written communication skills.
Option 1 Credit Union has been serving 30,000 members in Grand Rapids and Lansing for over 75 years.
If you are ready to take your career to the next level and join an organization where innovation, service, wisdom, fun, collaboration, community focus and loyalty are valued, Option 1 Credit Union is the place for you! Show off your sales and service skills and help us make a difference in the life of a member by applying today!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!