- 02-Oct-2012 to 01-Nov-2012 (EST)
- Human Resources
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
Option 1 Credit Union seeks a Director of Human Resources and Training to lead the human capital function at our growing, regional financial services organization. This position is responsible for providing effective human resources leadership by building relationships across our nine offices at every level of the organization to facilitate the achievement of business objectives. The Director of HR/Training is also responsible for talent recruitment and selection, total compensation and benefits design, performance management, employee engagement and relations, HR legislation compliance, employee training programs, leadership development, policy and procedure creation and implementation. The most ideal candidate will be a driven, innovative, and creative problem solver.
• Bachelors degree in Human Resources (or similar) or equivalent experience.
• Five years of progressive human resources leadership experience.
• Benefits administration and plan design experience for our comprehensive package that includes medical, dental, vision, several retirement plans, life and disability, FSA, etc.
• Experience in full life cycle recruiting – from job description creation to onboarding.
• Excellent presentation, training, speaking, writing, and technology skills.
• Excellent working knowledge of all state and federal employment legislation.
• PHR/SPHR certification preferred. Previous financial institution experience strongly preferred.
• Acts as a trusted advocate and advisor to 20+ management and 100+ staff. Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality and provide thoughtful and appropriate recommendations in unique situations.
• Develops and implements a sales and service culture by leading and coaching staff and management, creating and evaluating programs.
• Ensures effectiveness of recruiting efforts and manages the applicant tracking system.
• Oversees the development and delivery of employee communication, celebration and education events for effectiveness and cost containment.
• Researches, develops and implements programs and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory issues including but not limited to: Title VII, FMLA, COBRA, FLSA, ADAA, EEOC, ADEA, ERISA, etc.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, people, and projects. Empowers, leads, coaches, develops, evaluates performance of human resources and training team: the HR Generalist and Corporate Trainer.
• Has experience performing training needs analysis, analyzing data and implementing a plan to address management and staff development needs.
• Occasional travel to other regional offices as needed.
Option 1's team of over 115 smiling faces have been proudly serving the 34,000 members of our nine Grand Rapids and Lansing branches since the 1930's. Our skilled and dedicated staff provides an array of complete financial services to our field of membership. Option 1 is an innovative, strong and growing full-service, not-for-profit credit union that is committed to giving back our community. We are proud to offer a competitive salary and rich benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, two retirement plans (yes, two!) short and long term disability, life insurance, paid holidays and a generous PTO benefit to support a healthy work/life balance.
If you are ready to take your career to the next level and join an organization where innovation, service, wisdom, fun, collaboration, community focus and loyalty are valued, Option 1 Credit Union is the place for you!